Sep 16, 2008

Not my best day



Ever have one of those day's where you say, maybe I should have just stayed in bed? Yesterday was mine.

We are working on our garage cleaning and organizing you know really fun stuff :)?
This means Peggy can not park her car in there for a few days. After running errands I decided to back into the driveway to make it easier for Tony to pull out as he took my car to have the oil changed the next day.
Bad idea......
As I was backing in suddenly a loud BOOM! Now it's not raining so it couldn't be thunder (oh how I wish). So I pause my ipod ( important to note) and slowly exit the vehicle. As my jaw dropped to the driveway I looked around to see if I could run anywhere. Nope my neighbor immediately looks around the corner from his deck and said "I heard that". Caught. Then our very nice lawn guy Mr. Flores walks up eating an apple and in broken english asks "you did this"? Could I say no and ask if his lawnmower has any white paint on it? No, he's too nice. Caught twice.
So I face the music and walk into Tonys office with a not so familiar deer in the headlights look on my face.
We go out to check out the damage.....did I tell you it was his company car I backed into? Well he looked at it in disbelief and then hugged me tight knowing I felt just awful about it. We bought this vehicle with all of it's safety features including back up cameras and a Beep that gets louder the closer you are to something. I heard nothing except Jackie Wilson on my ipod singing "That's why I love you so". In the future when backing up I will mute my music. Period.
Tony has since spent several hours dealing with all of this which is not easy with our Personal car and his company car and the confusion it created with the Insurance company and then the Rental car Co. as well.

Tony................. That's why I love you so <3

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Eeeek.

I get onto your son all of the time about wearing his iPod when he is driving. :)

Nana said...

As you should Crystal....but what's even worse I wasn't wearing mine it was plugged into my radio!

Amanda said...

Ben and I will give you 10 grand for the damaged vehicle

Nana said...

:) I'll have to check with your Dad on that one Amanda :)

Fearborn said...

Hey, I may wear my iPod when I drive, but I LOOK where I'm going. If it gets to the point where I need to hear (mind you I have no fancy audible backup sensors) then it's too late. Of course if I had a backup camera, I'd probably be looking at that... ;)

So the moral of the story is, it doesn't take your ears to back up and not hit a car, it takes your eyes. :D

Nana said...

Thanks Antonio....
excellent point :)

Crystal said...

Antonio = Butt kisser.

:)