Sep 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Linus


In an earlier post I mentioned how as we age we have a tendency to be a "little" sentimental. Along with that we learn to appreciate all the moments in our daily lives both big and small.

Saturday September 13 Tony and I celebrated with our son Antonio and his family a very special birthday. Antonio is 30. BIG moment..... BIG

How can it be? Our little bald headed boy whom his daddy immediately nicknamed "Kojak" this from a TV series in the 70's starring Telly Savalas who was also bald. FYI....I never called my son "Kojak" Never ! Later it changed to Linus, a sweet loving little boy in the Peanuts cartoon thanks to his God Parents Betty and Jack Hinton. Love them.

I think every mother would tell you they remember the moment their child was first given to them. The first time we held our Son or Daughter and looked into their eyes promising to forever love them. It was not necessary to speak these words ................ once our arms were wrapped securely around our child and we held them close to our heart. The deal was sealed.

So here we are "Linus" is now 30 and married to a beautiful and loving woman whom I am 100% sure does not call him Linus. Together they have three precious children of their own to wrap their arms around.

Whether our children are 3 minutes old or 3o, standing beside us or hundreds of miles away our arms and hearts hold them .........always and forever.

2 comments:

Fearborn said...

I love you, Mom. :)

Crystal said...

Cute pic - except that I look like such a chubbo. :)