I've found myself overusing one word in particular lately and I can't make myself stop. The word is WHY....... three letters that ask a question with no answer I find acceptable. Like why do bad/sad things happen to good people? Why do the people we love so much have to deal with loss? Why a disease? Why this disease? Why now? Why him? Why her? Why do I feel helpless? Why can't I make it go away? I'm not twelve anymore so wishing it away no longer works for me. So I am making an effort to replace my overused word with another one. When I yet again find myself asking WHY? I Pray. PRAYER It sounds so easy to do and takes as little or as much time as I want to devote to it. As I have matured chronologically I have found that I may never have all my questions answered...... having grown spiritually as well I know who to take them to.
Would I give 10 years to my brother? In a heartbeat...WHY? because I LOVE him. Would I give my sister an organ if needed? Absolutely! Why because I LOVE her. Did God give his life for us?
We know the answer and we know why. LOVE there was none greater.
So I will still ask why and as I pray........... I will patiently wait for GODS answers.
In the meantime I remain Thankful that these wonderful people are in my life.
Thank You God.
Colossians 3: 12-17
1 comment:
I like the why question. As in:
Why are we so blessed to have air to breath?
Why do I have such an adorable son?
Why am I so blessed with a house to live in?
Why am I the one who has enough food to eat?
Post a Comment