Apr 30, 2008

Chicago and John Harvey <3



I had so much fun while in Chicago for 11 days!! We went to the Children's Museum and the Art Museum and to the Field Museum again. Amanda and I went to our first Ballet "Sleeping Beauty" and it was beautiful but could at times put you to sleep. Glad we went together.... Just not my cup of tea. We went later in our visit to see the Broadway play "Jersey Boys" the story of Frankie Vali and The Four Season's. Now that was AWESOME!! We laughed, we sang along and we even shed a few tears. Okay I was the one who shed a few tears..... but I think Tony and Amanda did as well. We were front row center and loved it.
The weather was better this time not as chilly but windy enough to go to the park and fly a kite (which we did). JH enjoyed that and while running with the kite the string caught around his ankle and I think the Kite was chasing him.
Amanda and Ben took us to a wonderful Japanese restaurant for Tony's Birthday. Everyone had Sushi (excluding me) however I did try a little. Very little. Later in the week we played
Electronic Monopoly which was SO much fun , more than I thought it would be. It has Debit cards instead of Paper money and the properties sell for big $. I was doing fairly well our first game but could not stay awake so handed my winnings over to Amanda.....who then proceeded to buy buy buy (properties) and then WE won. Thanks to Amanda! Can't wait to play another round.
We also took John Harvey to a Diner that delivers your food on a train! It was so cute and JH loves Trains so of course really liked the place.
It sounds like we did a lot and I guess we did. We enjoyed one adventure after another yet some of the best moments were when we would just sit back and watch JH do his thing. Who needs a Museum, Ballet or Broadway Play? When your hanging with John Harvey there is never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOVE HIM!! We had such a blast with you.